The U.S. Center for SafeSport is the first national organization of its kind focused on ending all forms of abuse in sports. Its mission is to make athlete
well-being the centerpiece of our nation’s sports culture through abuse prevention, education and accountability.
An independent non-profit, the Center opened on March 3, 2017 and provides services to sport entities on abuse prevention techniques, policies and programs. It serves as a professional and confidential place for 14 million athletes, coaches, and other participants in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee to report sexual abuse.
- July 30, 2019Statement from the U.S. Center for SafeSport regarding the “Empowering Olympic and Amateur Athletes Act of 2019”
- June 26, 2019Abuse Prevention Training to Benefit the Full Spectrum of the Sports Events Tourism Industry
- June 17, 2019U.S. Center for SafeSport Names Ju’Riese Colón CEO
- February 14, 2019U.S. Center for SafeSport Marks One-Year Anniversary of Groundbreaking Legislation
- December 28, 2018SafeSport Director Regis Becker Named as Interim CEO as Shellie Pfohl Steps Down
- November 15, 2018Largest Ever Youth Sport Safety Platform to Launch Fall 2018
- October 16, 2018American College of Sports Medicine, U.S. Center for SafeSport Partner to End Abuse in Sports